Plug samples, usually 1 inch and 1.5 inch in diameter are taken from core samples for testing. These require to be perfect cylinders. The drill bit and swivel assembly play a very important part in getting perfect samples.
- Bits are made of steel to ensure longevity
- Bits are threaded and are connected to a threaded swivel assembly which fits onto a drill press with a ½ inch taper.
- Ends are diamond studded so as to ensure perfect cutting surfaces.
- Standard 1 inch and 1.5 inch are available, custom sizes available on request.
- Thin walled bits are also available for taking samples in unconsolidated or soft rocks.