BUILD – OPERATE – TRAIN - TRANSFER
Kerna Instruments in association with its sister company Integrated Consultancy Services can help setup a conventional or SCAL Laboratory with API compliant and ISO compliant management systems.
Since 2013, we have provided equipment and set up complete core handling, processing and analysis laboratories in 3 locations worldwide.
- Genesis Investments, Oman
- BSI Laboratories, Indonesia
- Best Core Services, USA
A typical program can include, but is not limited to:
- Defining and setting up field handling and processing protocols.
- Provide technicians with onsite training for core handling, preservation and stabilization techniques.
- Custom designing laboratory equipment to suit the needs of the end user.
- Assisting in procurement of equipment not manufactured by Kerna Instruments.
- Designing and building an ergonomically functional laboratory.
- Preparation of SOP’s based on the actual working conditions in the user’s facility.
- Providing operational training to non-technical and technical staff.
- Setting up Quality Audit control mechanisms including internal and external calibration routines and schedules, routine and periodic maintenance schedules, setup of external calibration agency network, local vendor database etc.
- Creating technical operational procedures and forms to comply with API-RP40, ISO 9001:2008 and company requirements.
- Providing with well-experienced technicians to assist in laboratory work even after handover.
Consultant Summary : Atul Godbole
Atul Godbole holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Poona. He has about 20 years of experience in routine core analysis and advanced rock properties.
He is credited with implementation of ISO 9001 : 2001 in Core Laboratories, Abu Dhabi, where he was designated as the Management Representative of Quality (MRQ). Based on API-RP40, he has written procedures for Core Laboratories in 3 locations, Abu Dhabi, Atyrau and Saudi Arabia and has reviewed and modified procedures in Indonesia.
Since 2013, He is currently working as a Core Analysis Coordinator all Core Analysis projects for Saudi Aramco.