Drill Bits and Swivels
Plug samples, usually 1 inch and 1.5 inch in diameter are taken from core samples for testing. These require to be perfect cylinders. The drill bit and swivel assembly play a very important part in getting perfect samples.
- Bits are made of steel to ensure longevity
- Bits are threaded and are connected to a threaded swivel assembly which fits onto a drill press with a ½ inch taper.
- Ends are diamond studded so as to ensure perfect cutting surfaces.
- Standard 1 inch and 1.5 inch are available, custom sizes available on request.
- Thin walled bits are also available for taking samples in unconsolidated or soft rocks.
Cellulose tares used for holding samples during the Dean Stark process are subject to wear and lose weight.
Weights are important for calculation of residual oil volumes and an error in weight can cause an error in calculated oil saturations.
Cellulose tares are single use and have to be disposed after one analyses, hence increasing the cost of the analyses.
Glass tares offer advantages over cellulose tares as they can be reused and have no weight loss.
- Borosil glass, 40 mm diameter and 3 inch length.
- Grade 3 (fine grade) sintered disk
- Coarser or finer grades or are also available
Onsite Core Preservation And Stabilization
- Core Preservation Wax
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- Saran Wrap
- Foam Type Core Stabilization Chemicals
- Core Boxes
Core Handling And Processing
- Slab Saw Blades
- Trim Saw Blades
- Drill Bit And Swivels
- Lead Sheets For Sample Mounting
- Steel Mesh For Sample Mounting
- Heat Shrink For Sample Mounting
For sample preservation, SS body and internal chamber, customized size, upto 400 deg C, available with a digital or analog temperature controller.
For bulk sample cleaning, SS internals, glass wool insulation, with SS sheet outer body, with digital or analog temperature controller, starting from capacities of approximately 50 plug size samples or 5 full diameter samples (4 inch diameter and 1 ft long) to 200 plug samples or about 10 full diameter samples. Teflon seals for use with Toluene
For sample preservation, 0.4 mm thickness, 50 cm width, available as rolls or precut to specified length sheets.
“Stainless Steel” mesh (Size 60 and 120)
1 inch and 1.5 inch diameter, for used for mounting unconsolidated samples, other mesh sizes also available.
High quality Copper or Silver mesh are also available, these can be used for mounted samples (in heat shrink) when performing Electrical Analyses.
For Sample Mounting, available in rolls or precut sheets for mounting 1 inch or 1.5 inch samples.
Fiber Glass trays
For mounting biscuit cuts.
Clear Resin and Hardner
For Resination of Biscuit Cuts : 1 liter pack onwards
Thin section boxes
Plastic or wood, customized with company logo etc 50 or 100 slide capacity for standard TS sizes (1 inch x 2 inch slides)
Hydrostatic Core holders
SS 304, for 1 inch and 1.5 inch samples, 6000 psig rating, complete with material and hydrotesting certificates
Fluid Pressure Multipliers
SS 304, 6000 psig rating, complete with material and hydrotesting certificates